The ML505 Evaluation Platform from Xilinx is a development board for the Virtex-5 FPGA. It contains many useful hardware features including:
- Xilinx Virtex-5 XC5VLX50T FPGA
- 10/100/1000 tri-speed Ethernet PHY
- USB host and peripheral controllers
- Programmable system clock generator
- Stereo AC97 codec with line in, line out, headphone, microphone, and SPDIF digital audio jacks
- PS/2 (2) – Keyboard, Mouse
- RS-232 port
- 16x2 character LCD
- Video Input
- Video (DVI/VGA) Output
- DIP Switch (8), LEDs (8), and Pushbuttons (5)
- PCI Express® Edge Connector (x1 Endpoint)
- SFP (1000Base-X)
The ML505 has been made in four variations that use the same printed-circuit-board (PCB) but a different version Virtex-5. The table below lists the different boards and the Virtex-5 it is loaded with:
For more information, please refer to the ML505/ML506/ML507 Evaluation Platform User Guide.
How to buy it
- The ML505/ML506/ML507 can be purchased from Xilinx for the price of US$1,195.
- The best deal for universities, offered by the Xilinx University Program, is a version of the board known as the XUPV5 (or ML509). It can be purchased from Digilent at only US$750. Click the Digilent link for more information.